EAST with Coach Chris Musshafen
Join the East Aurora Swim Team under the direction of Head Coach Chris Musshafen. Chris will be joined by other certified water safety instructors who believe that development, team building and focused training are the backbone of this club. Each EAST level has meaningful instruction that encourages each swimmers’ proper overall development. Registration in each level is limited, and planning time is needed for coaches, so please register early.
EAST is a swim club that is Coached by Town of Aurora Staff, and supported by the Parent Booster Club. Being part of the EAST Family includes parental help running meets during the season, so parent volunteering is an expected and rewarding part of the program.
DATES: April 1 - June 26, no practice May 25
Coaches will test all swimmers to determine their level, and move swimmers as necessary.
BLUE - M,W, Th: 6:00 - 7:30 pm; T, F: 6:00 - 8:30 pm; S: TBD
RED - M,W,Th: 5:30 - 6:45 pm;
WHITE - M,W,Th: 5:30 - 6:15 pm
*Subject to change due to enrollment levels, classes are limited, register early
Swim Level Descriptions
BLUE: This is our junior competitive team. This group is eager to complete challenging practice sets while continuing to improve stroke technique. This group is expected to complete the IMX events during the season and to compete in both league meets and open meets. This group is also working towards achieving LSC championship times and zone times.
RED: This group of swimmers are continuing stroke development in all 4 strokes in a more structured practice setting with the goal for everyone in this group to complete the IM ready list of events (100 free, 50 fly, 50 breast, 100 IM). These swimmers participate in league meets and some open meets and are able to complete sets of 50's during practice.
WHITE: Novice swimmers who are able to swim at least one length of freestyle and backstroke unassisted. This group will focus on learning the basics of all four strokes. This group will be introduced to competitive swimming with our in house fun meets and our league meets.
Parent Code of Conduct
- The EAST Board is a volunteer- based organization that supports recreational and competitive swim opportunities. The primary responsibility is to support a safe, enjoyable enviornment in which the children can develop swimming and physical fitness skill, as well as experience in a positive manner the emotional and social benefits of a team.
- Fulfill your volunteer obligation willingly; knowing that the effort you put in will directly impact your child's experience. Always keep in mind that EAST is a recreational program emphasizing skills and having fun. Competition is a natural part of this sport, but do not make winning the primary goal for you or your child.
- Support your child and team positively; cheer for your child and team, not against the opposing swimmers.
- Always show respect for all players, coaches, officials and other fans. Allow for the fact that anyone can make a mistake. Set positive examples for our children with your behavior.
- Follow the regulations set forth by the school district for use of its facilities. All school property is smoke, alcohol, and drug free. Pets are not allowed.
- You, the parents, run all swim activities. Your cooperation and assistance is necessary and appreciated. All team families share the responsibility for work evenly.
- The Coach is the Coach! Swmmers must relate to the coach. The coach will provide the technical direction and supportive, constructive criticism. When parents offer directions to swimmers about the best way to swim, the swimmer can easily become confused. For the triad (swimmer, coach, parent) to work effectively, parents need to supply support, love, and encouragement, and leave the coaching to the coach.
- All parents of the club must continue to protect and improve the excellent reputation of the club.
- It is the parents' responibility to report any medical, emotional, psychological, or developmental information at registration, or when a condition occurs or worsens. The Director of Recreation will work with the swimmer, understanding that not all conditions are manageable.
NOTE: NO ONE IS ALLOWED IN THE WATER OR IN THE POOL AREA UNTIL THE COACH IS IN THE POOL AREA. Cell phones are not allowed at the pool.
Swimmer Code of Conduct
- Respect the rights, dignity and worth of others; Accept the decisions of the officials with grace
- Compete against your own personal best times; Be generous when you win; be gracious when you lose
- Be fair always, no matter what the cost and obey the rules; Believe in the honesty of your opponents
- Work for the good of your team; Conduct yourself with honor and dignity
- Honestly and wholeheartedly applaud the efforts of your teammates and opponents
- Any swimmer who is known to use alcohol, drugs, or tobacco is subject to suspension and/or termination
- Never interfere with progress of another swimmer, during pratice or otherwise
- At all club functions, whether at practice, meets or social gatherings, each swimmer is expected to behave in such a way that their actions reflect positively on the team
- All swimmers of the club must continue to protect and improve the excellent reputation of the club
- Disrespect or unsportsmanlike conduct toward the officials, administrators, coaches, other swimmers, and the public will not be tolerated. Disrespect is defined as 'booing', laughing at and/or speaking poorly of the skill level of another swimmer, taunting, ridiculing, not returning congratulatory handshakes or comments, and inappropiate, obscene or vulgar language, gestures, and behaviors; threatening physical violence or actual physical violence.
Additional Member Discounts/Non-Res/Late Fees
- 2nd swimmer in family - $5.00 off fee, 3rd swimmer - $10.00 off fee
- Non-residents add $30.00 per swimmer
- Late fee of $5.00 per swimmer charged after April 1, 2020
- All swimmers will be required to purchase their own equipment (goggles, snorkel, etc.). Fins will be provided for the Red & White groups only.